- Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.
- You don't tan, you roast.
- You can outlast the Energizer bunny.
- You introduce your spouse as your "Coffeemate."
- Starbucks owns the mortgage on your house.
- You go to sleep just so you can wake up and smell the coffee.
- Your lifes goal is to "amount to a hill of beans."
- You can take a picture of yourself from ten feet away without using the timer.
- You're employee of the month at the local coffeehouse & you don't even work there.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
My daughter's birthday was yesterday. Unfortunately, yesterday was also the first day of semester exams for her. She is a freshman in high school and so this is all new to her. She had three exams on her birthday and then had to study for four exams for today. Needless to say, it will be a birthday she will always remember. We did get in the "Happy Birthday" song along with presents, a special dinner on the "You Are Special" plate and a few "when you were born..." stories but then she had to hit the books again. I stayed up with her until 1am to offer any support if she needed me. I look at her with a big smile and see a wonderful young lady that I am proud to call my daughter.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
The weather has been so cold that they've cancelled school the past two days. With the wind chill, the temperature outside gets to 45 below! Had a little time to catch up on some pieces that I'll add to my etsy. Starting to think spring even though the snowbanks are as high as the mailboxes and hoping the weather gives us a break soon so I can get the Christmas lights out of the trees.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
- Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?
- Why are a 'wise man' and a 'wise guy'opposites?
- Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?
- If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
- Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
- Why do 'tug' boats push their barges?
- If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?
- If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
- Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?
- Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?
- How come abbreviated is such a long word?
- Why is phonics not spelled the way it sounds?